8.9 Final Score
Cigavette Review Bottom Line
The Cigavette e cig is not going to suit all, especially those who have been vaping before. This brand is really aimed at the very beginner who is looking for an electronic cigarette to quit their smoking habit or those just wishing to try vaping. That said the Cigavette is a great choice, especially if you are looking for value for money and yet want to truly try e cigs with a quality product. The vape and flavor is pretty good and you will find it hard to beat.
Recommended store: Buy directly from Cigavette.
In-depth Review of Cigavette
For this reason, to judge and review an electronic cigarette, you need to look at the flavor, the feeling, the buzz, the style, and even the texture of the smoke. Before we dive into their starter kits, let’s review the company holistically first.
If you peruse through Cigavette’s products you will notice a shocking resemblance to real tobacco products. They are trying really hard to replace every small facet of your cigarette experience. That’s their goal, and even their company name resembles the word cigarette.
Their box resembles a cigarette pack. It even opens like one. The Cigavette resembles a 100-sized cigarette. There is generally an orange filter designed cartridge with a white battery, though an all black option is also available.
These starter packs don’t have flavor options besides tobacco and menthol. The strengths can range from 0mg to 24mg, which is pretty high for an electronic cigarette. The battery is strong and gives you plenty of life. The entire starter pack mimics the cigarette experience.
Cigavette only uses a vegetable glycerin base. I’ll spare you the science and just tell you what this means. It means that you always are going to get a good volume of vapor. If you are looking for a cigarette feel, you need high and thick volume vapor. Cigavette delivers this with all their products.
One very fascinating product from Cigavette, asides from the starter packs, is the Cuvana E-Cigar. As a big fan of cigars, I love this product. It looks, feels, and even smells real. You can get it in 0mg, 12mg, or 18mg. I loved the 18mg version. The cigar paper on the outside gives your lips the feeling that you really have a cigar in your mouth. This bad boy gives you 1800 puffs, which is considerably high.
The Cigavette is not perfect, but if you are looking for to get the most bang for your buck, and you refuse to spend a great deal, the starter kits may be perfect for you. Be sure to check out our e cigarette deals as they sometimes have a promotion on for you to save even more money.
Cigavette also produce a vape pen version of this electronic cigarette, so if you don’t like the traditional look, and want a more modern e cig then check out the Cigavette Ultimate Series review.
Cigavette Starter Kit Review – Pro’s & Con’s
- Price – You won’t get such a quality starter kit for under $30 anywhere else.
- Battery – The 280mAh battery lasts long and allows you to operate in a relaxed manner.
- Volume – This is paramount for me when it comes to an electronic cigarette. Cigavette comes through with excellent volume, which likely makes this it’s greatest pro.
- Nicotine Ranges – I haven’t seen many electronic cigarettes go up to 24mg like Cigavette. I appreciate that, and they have a smooth scale you can follow down until you are at 0mg of nicotine.
- Realistic Design – Sometimes it’s the little things that matter most. The box and design of the Cigavette make me feel like I’m just a small step away from a real cigarette. This helps me satisfy the urge even better. The vapor even tastes like tobacco.
- Battery Lag – Occasionally I would notice a small lag in responsiveness for the battery. It wasn’t often, but the few times I would try to take a hit and find the battery was not on board were frustrating.
- Flavor Options – There aren’t flavors which some people find upsetting. I don’t mind it. I’m not a huge fan of the fruity and exotic flavors. I prefer to keep the flavor similar to real tobacco, but I know many digress so I included this in the Cons section.
- Sweetness – Some people like sweet flavors so this may not necessarily be a con. I don’t, I like raw tobacco flavor. Though it does a good job mimicking a cigarette, the Cigavette is a tad sweeter than I would like.
- Cartridge Refills – Replacement cartridges are a little bit more expensive than most brands. Though the starter kit itself is well priced, the replacement cartridges are not.
- Menthol – I did not like their menthol flavor very much. It felt more like mint-flavored hookah than a cigarette.
Cigavette Starter Kit Review – Cigavette VS Green Smoke
When considering purchasing a Cigavette product, you will find Green Smoke as a natural competitor. Green Smoke does another great job of mimicking the authentic cigarette experience. The electronic cigarettes even look alike.
At first, I was going to strongly consider Green Smoke, but that was because of the bandwagon fallacy. Green Smoke was growing fast, and it was being talked about everywhere. Now Cigavette has had great success too, but I was curious as to the growth of Green Smoke.
I found that they had impressive marketing skills. They were better marketers than they were electronic cigarette manufacturers. The Green Smoke cigarette in the end, to me, was slightly inferior to the Cigavette. The battery for green smoke was weaker. Though the volume of smoke was comparable, the flavor wasn’t. Green Smoke has flavors like coffee, but the authentic tobacco flavor was weak.
The biggest factor to me is the price. Green Smoke is more expensive. You could argue that Green Smoke may have a slightly better hit but that’s always debatable. Even if you did agree the hit was better, you would be forced to conclude that the difference in hit is not that noticeable.