Difference Between Mouth to Lung and Direct Lung InhaleMay 27, 2016
How to Avoid E-Cigarette ExplosionsJune 2, 2016
Over the last several years, an amazing array of e-liquid manufacturers have burst onto the scene with an impressive variety of flavors and other e-juice options that provide vapers with a seemingly limitless number of vaping choices, making vaping better than smoking! Five Pawns has managed to become one of the better known juice providers, offering a premium selection of brand options that many believe to be among the most flavorful in the world. In this Five Pawns e-liquid review, we’ll take a look at this company and their selections and try to determine whether these juices really are as good as people would have us believe, or if it’s all just marketing hype.
Five Pawns: The Company This is one of many California-based vaping liquid manufacturers, with its offices headquartered in Irvine. Unlike many e-juice companies that have tried to carve out identities more in keeping with the high-tech world of vaping than more traditional industries, Five Pawns has sought a more well-known model for its branding efforts – intentionally branding itself as something more like a beer distiller than a lab for producing e-juice. Even the names of its two lines of products demonstrate this branding effort: the Signature Series and the Mixology Edition. E-juice bottles are uniformly offered in 30ml bottles, and contain a 50/50 mix of PG and VG. That naturally fails to produce those big clouds you see with higher VG content offerings, but with Five Pawns the focus is on flavor.
The Cost If there is one complaint that you hear about Five Pawns juice, it’s the price. These are not the cheapest juices you’re likely to encounter, and can cost more than $27 for each bottle. It is only natural that vapers expect that such a premium price be supported by premium flavor results. So, how do those flavors actually measure up? Read on!
The Flavor Results
We’ll run through each of these flavors and give you our impression. First, let’s examine the Signature Series:
- Absolute Pin. While advertised as an Irish Cream and cinnamon mix, the odor offers that strong black licorice smell most of us remember from childhood. You can taste the caramel and cinnamon, as well as a trace of absinthe.
- This offers the combination of apple pie and caramel, with cinnamon and ice cream tones as well. It’s like inhaling dessert, but without the calories.
- This is a fruitier blend that offers citrus traces. It’s creamy and orange and downright deliciously sweet.
- Bowden’s Mate. You know those delicious mint treats hotels often leave on your pillow? Yes, that is what this flavor will bring to mind. It may be one of the best mint chocolate offerings around.
- This one offers peanut butter, caramel, and banana flavors. You’ll also catch delicious chocolate and vanilla notes.
The Mixology Edition offerings are also worthy of note, of course:
- Fifth Rank. This is a creamy, lime and mint concoction that may have you wondering exactly what is going on in your mouth. It’s an interesting blend, but the aftertaste may be too much for some vapers.
- Castle Long. Take caramel, vanilla, and coconut, add them together, and then complete the mix with the taste of bourbon. That’s Castle Long! In our opinion, it’s also the most impressive flavor in this series.
- If you love peach cobbler and rum, then this might be your new favorite flavor. It also brings notes of cream and hazelnut, making it a truly complex and innovative option.
- Sixty-Four. Take citrus and mint, add them together, reduce the sweetness just a bit, and give the blend unmistakable dill and lemon notes and you have Sixty-Four. It brings an interesting tartness that can make a nice escape from the sweeter flavors.
- Perpetual Check. If you love berries then you’ll cherish this e-juice. It’s sweet and the berry flavor is present on both inhale and exhale. Imagine wine with a splash of cinnamon and you’ll have a good idea what you should expect.
Obviously, Five Pawns has spared no effort in its quest to create the most unique array of e-juice flavors in the marketplace today. In our opinion, they’ve managed to produce the type of premium product line that most customers expect to come with premium prices. You owe it to yourself to experience the brand at least once in your vaping life.