Introduction to the Types of Vapes
With so many different types of vapes on the market, it’s perfectly normal for you to get confused about choosing the right type of vape or e cig and picking the one that will most suit you. At first, it looks so simple- just replacing your cigarette with an e-cig or vape pens; however, things start looking more complicated when you start shopping for a kit as the market is flooded with many choices. You think of asking for advice from experienced vapers, and it gets exceedingly complicated as they start tossing terms such as box mods, sub ohm vaping, RDA and RTA, and other uncommon words to you. At this point, you start contemplating about reverting to your usual brand of cigarette because the world of vaping is becoming more and more complicated than you first thought. But we understand that choosing your e-cigarette kit might be a daunting task, and that’s why we have put together a guide to help you understand the different types of vapes and e cigs. If however your a smoker looking for an electronic cigarette to cut down or actually quit smoking, then you need to read our review on the best e cigs from smokers.
Cigalikes are e-cigarette that resembles traditional cigarettes hence the name “cig-alike.” They have a heating coil, small batteries, and e-juice. They are used in the same way you smoke a cigarette. They are the first upgrade from conventional cigarettes.
Advantages of Cigalikes
- Quit Smoking; Probably most people who vape started on the cigalike, it is pretty much identical to smoking and a great introduction to vaping.
- Convenience; Cigalikes allows you to smoke indoors without it bothering other people as the vapor content is pretty much the same as smoking, unlike other types which create huge amounts of clouds!
- Health reasons; some people say it’s healthier than conventional cigarettes, in fact it has been stated by Public Health England (an independent executive agency of the Department of Health in the United Kingdom) that electronic cigarettes are at least 95% healthier than traditional cigarettes.
- Cost saving; Even though you’ll incur a substantial amount when purchasing Cigalikes, it’ll be cheaper in the long term.
- They are classy; no mess, social acceptance, no smell, etc.
Drawbacks of Cigalikes
- Short battery life
- They are considered by many experienced vapers as less enjoyable compared to box mods and vape pens
Summary of Cigalikes
It all depends on individual preference when it comes to this one. Mainly used by people who want to quit smoking and have the convenience of a small device that can easily fit in your pocket and vaped when needed. This type of vape is perfect for the newbie who wants to try vaping out for the first time without breaking a huge budget.
Our Recommended Cigalike
Halo’s G6 starter kit is perfect for those smokers out there wanting to start with an electronic cigarette.
Not only does it look and feel like a traditional cigarette, it tastes and feels like one when you smoke or vape on it. A smooth but gentle throat hit with great flavor, the G6 should be considered by all smokers. Available in a number of colors and with options to add different flavors, check out the G6 now!
2. Vape Pens
The Benefits of Vape Pen
- They have a better battery life than cigalikes that can last a day or more depending on your vaping frequency.
- They are cost efficient; since vape pens have an atomizer tanks that can be refilled and replaced at a margin of the cost, they’re more cost efficient than buying disposable Cigalikes. They also beat buying regular packs of conventional cigarettes
- Portability; though not as portable as Cigalikes, vape pens are still portable. Although they do fluctuate in size they are all generally smaller than the box mods.
- Gives great vaping experience; Vape pens offer plenty of vape volume which can give plenty of satisfaction, unlike Cigalikes which offers subpar amounts of vapor.
The Drawbacks of Vape Pens
- They generally have now power or temperature control
- Upfront cost can be reasonably high
- Larger than cigalikes
Summary of Vape Pens
As you can tell vape pens have a number of advantages and a popular type of vape, mainly that they have a bigger battery life and have the ability to utilize both mouth to lung (MTL) inhales that suit the traditional smoker and direct lung inhales (DL) which suit the more experienced vaper. They are larger than cigalikes and can be more expensive in upfront costs, so if your new to vaping then stick with the cigalike, but if you’ve tried that and want a more powerful hit then vape pens should be your choice.
Our Recommended Vape Pen
The Halo Tracer
Hard to disagree with a lot of other specialists who claim the brand new Halo Tracer is the best vape pen on the market right now. If you want the best for taste and throat hit, then look no further!
The battery life is amazing, boosting a huge 2,300 mAh battery, this pretty much guarantees long lasting vaping and it produces so much vapor that is smooth and tasteful, you can’t get any better.
For around $50 you really can’t do much better.
3. Box Mods aka Vape Mods
The Benefits of Box Mods
Box mods are usually used by veteran vapers. Some of the benefits of using these vape mods include;
- They offer a far better battery life than other e-cigarettes. However, a better battery come at the expense of portability as they make them bulkier. But their higher battery capacity offers great functionality thereby allowing you to change the type of vape; you can switch from cool to warm vape with box mods.
- They produce great vape volume thanks to their powerful battery capacities.
Box mods are preferred by veterans largely because of their customizable vaping experience.
The Drawbacks of Box Mods
- They are bulkier and bigger than other electronic cigarettes
- They are costlier than vape pens and Cigalikes
- They utilize the direct lung approach of vaping which is different to smoking traditional cigarettes i.e. mouth to lung.
- For newbie, these e-cigs are a little daunting!
To the veterans, these drawbacks are of no major significance, but for the newbies; they make a lot of sense.
Summary of Box Mods
Box mods are the experienced vapers choice, with much larger battery life, in many cases, and the control to manage both wattage and/or temperature of the coil. If your a beginner then this maybe daunting as getting it right can mean a little bit of playing around. Many manufacturers are aware of this and offer starter kits to make it easier to setup. If you are serious about vaping and want the best possible experience and willing to move to mouth to lung inhales, then box mods are for you!
Our Recommended Box Mods
The VaporFi VAIO
VaporFi have been producing some of the best vaping devices in the world and there attention is now on the box mod market! Their VAIO range is truly outstanding with 2 models to choose from. The 75W with an external 18650 battery or the 80W with a built in 2100 mAh battery. Both feature a built in tank to make it truely unique and cool also both have the option for temperature control so meets the needs of every vaper!
The Bottom Line
When choosing the right type of vapes the choice of electronic cigarettes is huge, make sure you consider factors such as your budget, looks, ease of use, effectiveness, and portability. Once you weigh these factors, it’ll be easier for you to choose a suitable one for yourself.