SmokeTastic; Defining The Differences Between E-Cigarettes
SmokeTastic believes that the electronic cigarette could be the answer to an alternative smoking solution, satisfying not only your craving for nicotine but also making your smoking experience an enhanced and more satisfying pleasure!
Over the last 5 years or so the electronic cigarette has increased dramatically in popularity and as a result there are now hundreds of manufacturers designing and researching new models and types to produce more vapor and taste. This is great, but now the market is swamped with different models, types and brands making it more and more difficult to find which one would suit you the best!
SmokeTastic has teamed up with some of the leading manufacturers and vaping experts to create a site for users to understand the market, the advantages from one type of e-cigarette to another and to ultimately identify which type of device would suit you best.
As millions of people consider making the switch from tobacco cigarettes to e-cigs as a way to help them end their tobacco dependency, many can find the transition more than a little confusing. After all, manufacturers have flooded the market with so many different brands and types of vaping products that sifting through all of the different choices can be overwhelming. It can be difficult to know which tanks, batteries, coils, and other components are needed to ensure the perfect vaping experience. Fortunately, manufacturers have addressed that issue by offering a variety of different electronic cigarette starter kits to make the selection process as easy as possible.
Choosing the Best Brand
There are many leading brands when it comes to shopping for e-cigarettes online. So, finding an e-cig of your choice should present no difficulties. However, since there will be nobody to assist you in choosing a product, SmokeTastic will guide you through a few things to consider when shopping online. It is important that you are aware of the various types, sizes, flavor and brands so that you can find something that meets your needs.
Choosing the Type of E Cig
The type of electronic cigarette is the primary question you need to ask yourself. But before you do you need to understand the difference with the different types.
Luckily for you we have written a simple to follow guide on the types of electronic cigarettes:
Once you have read that you should have a pretty good idea of the type you are interested in, so whether it’s a basic cigalike starter kit or a more advanced box mod we can now look at some reputable companies and brands. You will find our recommendations at the top of the page showing what we believe the best are in each category.
If you decided to buy a simple cigalike e-cig starter kit then choosing an e-liquid could not be simpler, but you do have to stick with the same brand as the replacement cartomizers (which hold the e-liquid) are not interchangeable.
However, if you went with a vape pen or box mod kit then you have far more options to try out and choosing the best e-liquid is a little more complicated as you have so many options. But remember, more options is a good thing!
Again we have written a simple to follow guide on understanding the basics of e-liquids:
Maintaining Your E Cig
The final step in finding the best electronic cigarette is to be able to maintain your device so it vapes as well after a few months as when you first bought it. Again the maintenance differs depending on the type of electronic cigarette you bought, but they all need cleaning, and they all need their atomizer replacing every couple of weeks (or less depending on how often you vape).
For further information of finding the right electronic cigarette, take a look at our full guide:
We have a bunch of other guides that you can find throughout our site if you are looking for something a little more advanced or specific, just use our menu at the top and you should find what you are looking for!
Tips On Finding The Best to Suit You
There’s no doubt e-cigarettes can help you kick the nicotine addiction as long as you find the electronic cigarette type that will work for you. Here’s a few simple tips to finding the best e-cigarette to suit you:
- Know what your goal is. When choosing an e-cigarette you need to know what the motivation is. Do you want to kick your nicotine habit or are you looking for a safer alternative. This is important because if you want to kick an addiction, it may take a while for your body to adjust and you might want some nicotine in your vape and taper the strength slowly.
- Know what you can afford. Tobacco is more expensive than vaping so you are guaranteed to save money by vaping. If however you plan to do this for a while then you need to do your homework on what is available on the market and what it costs.
- Choose a flavor. There are different flavors available to choose from but different brands carry different flavors some fruity and some exotic. If you like to play around with different flavors you can do that by getting refillable devices. Some retailers allow you to custom make your own liquid.
Let’s Talk Briefly About Starter Kits?
The simplest way to understand an e-cig starter kit is to imagine most other products that you buy. When you buy a television set, a piece of furniture, or almost any other product, it comes with everything you need to use it right away. Well, an electronic cigarette kit is essentially the same thing. Kits always contain some sort of atomizer with a power source, and other essentials needed to begin vaping right away. The only real exception to that rule is that certain types of kits are for vaping devices that must be filled with e-juice before they can be used. That e-juice is not included with those starter kits, and must instead be purchased separately.
Are they Just for Beginners?
From the perspective of a newcomer, starter kits might seem to be designed only for beginners. Nothing could be further from the truth. While there are certainly kits that beginning vapers tend to gravitate towards, there are also starter kits for many more advanced vaping devices as well. Starter kits are used even by many experienced vapers who prefer to customize their devices. However, there is one thing that cannot be denied: they are ideal for newcomers.
What Types of Kits are there?
Starter kits seem to come in almost every variety imaginable. There are kits for almost every level of vaping experience, ranging from entry level vaping to more advanced use:
- Rechargeable basic e-cigs: In the most technical sense of the word, many of the disposable rechargeable e-cigs sold in convenience stores and cigarette shops come in full starter kit mode. They include the battery, e-juice cartridge, and USB charging cable. These devices are ready to assemble and use right out of the package, and typically have everything you need to get started.
- Clearomizer kits: These slightly more advanced products offer an even more powerful vaping experience. Most provide increased flavor and vapor production, and offer an even wider assortment of e-juice options due to their refillable tanks. A kit typically includes the battery section, the atomizer or clearomizer – which also serves as the tank area that holds your chosen e-juice, and a drip tip.
Like those rechargeable disposable e-cigs, these products also come with a USB battery setup to ensure that you can always keep your device powered and ready for use. You have maximum flexibility where taste is concerned, due to the fact that you must purchase the e-juice separately and pour it into the atomizer tank area.
- High-end vaping kits. At the upper end of the vaping spectrum, you have kits that are designed for even more customization and an even richer vaping experience. These premium kits offer maximum flexibility, while still providing everything that any vaper needs to get started. For example, these advanced starter kits can include mods, clearomizers, batteries that are either built-in or removable, and chargers. Many also come with replacement coils and even wicks, to provide even more customization for experienced users.
Obviously, there are many advantages to purchasing a starter kit.
- Help to provide an easier entry point for new vapers by providing everything they need in one simple package.
- Typically provide cost savings for vapers who might otherwise spend more trying to assemble all of the components they need.
- Offer maximum compatibility between components, and enable vapers to avoid the trial and error process they might otherwise have to endure to assemble an advanced vaping system.
The bottom line is clear. For both beginners and experienced vapers, starter kits provide a host of advantages and simplify the vaping experience. It is no wonder then that manufacturers continue to design and market these all-in-one kits to provide their customers with everything needed to live the vaping lifestyle.
Our Top Cigalike (mini) E-Cigarette Recommendations
We review a lot of electronic cigarettes, and although we don't vape Cigilike electronic cigarettes ourselves, there is not one of us who didn't start with this type. Below are our recommendations of the best Cigalikes currently available on the market.
Our Top Vape Pen Recommendations
These are ideal for someone who has made a transition from the traditional cigarette to the Cigalike e-cigarette. They provide a more enjoyable experience and can be modified to improve performance. The three piece design that make up the pen include a rechargeable battery, an atomizer and a tank.
They have a higher vapor production than Cigalikes and come with a wide flavor choice as you can use any e-liquid.
Our Mod Recommendations
Mods offer a richer vaping experience than any other type of e-cigarette. They are more technologically advanced and are appreciated by vaping connoisseurs. They are highly customizable and have detailed controls that maximize each user's personal experience. The batteries last longer and give more energy to increase the vapor volume.
Breaking News: May 2016
The UK are about to implement their EU requirements on the Tobacco Products Directive in May, so we thought we would give you a heads up on what it is, what's effected and who benfits from it, you can read it on our EU Legislation Update.
We have also added a new menu design making it easier for you to navigate through our site so you can find the information your after quicker and easier! One last thing we thought we would try out, is our "Ask the Experts" area, so if you have any questions at all, we can try to answer them, but please keep the subject relevant to e-cigarettes! Ask you question here. If you have any feedback, please let us know.
Yesterday on the 5th May 2016 the FDA officially released their final revision of FDA-2014-N-0189 / RIN 0910-AG38, it has been published in the Federal Register or the "Public Inspection File" for people to see the rules and will be officially released on 10th May.
We have the copy of the official rule which you can read here.
As the proposal currently stands e-cigarette companies will have to undergo a very expensive application known as the Pre-Market Tobacco Applications (PMTA) process this is related to every vaping product released after Feb. 15, 2007. We will keep you informed, in the meantime you can read the regulation update here!