VaporFi VAIO 75 and 80 TC MOD ReviewDecember 7, 2016
Smok Stick V8 Kit Review and Deals From $24.99December 16, 2016
6.7 Final Score
Smok Alien Kit Review Bottom Line
Oh we love the Alien kit, it has a huge 220W of power and yet is relatively small. Teamed up with the new TFV8 Baby tank, it is just a win win! If you want an impressive kit that creates the best tasting vapor in the industry then the Smok Alien Kit is definetely one for you!
CHEAP SMOK Smok Alien Deals & Coupons!
Full In-depth Review of the SMOK Alien 220W Kit
Smok has become one of the most respected e-cig brands on the market today, and the company continues to impress with innovative new offerings that sometimes seem to take us by surprise and features a lot in our reviews, which you can see on our homepage. They provide products that target everyone from beginning vapers to intermediate users and advanced enthusiasts. Their new Alien mod device is one that was tailor-made for users in that intermediate and advanced range since it attempts to provide the benefits those groups most prize: an all-in-one setup that offers the best performance for the price. So, how does this Smok product measure up? This Smok Alien starter kit review will try to answer that question.
Finally! Smok has just announced a new upgrade to the Alien kit and we were lucky enough to get our hands on it for a review! Check out the new Smok Procolor 225W Mod to see the improvements over this model!
The Alien Kit
The starter kit comes with virtually everything you could need to get started with the product. The box contains one Alien 220 mod device, along with a TFV8 Baby Tank, a USB cable that you can use for firmware upgrades and charging purposes, a replacement tube (glass), spare parts, and your manual. The device has a V8 Baby Q2 Core with dual coils pre-installed, and the package provides an additional V8 Baby T8 Core with octuple coils. Like I said, everything you need to get started – minus the juice, of course.
You can use your preferred e-juice with the device. Some might not like the idea of a starter kit without a supply of juice, but I actually prefer it like this. Like most other serious vapers, I’ve spent a lot of time tracking down and testing juices to find the ones I actually enjoy vaping. The last thing I need is a starter kit from a company that wants to charge me extra money for a sample jar of some flavor I’ll probably never want to vape anyway. No thanks; Smok has it right.
The mod measures 85mm by 44mm by 28.4 mm, so it’s right in that size range that many advanced vapers love to use. It offers a nice 220W of power, which should be more than enough for even serious vapers to achieve their goals. Coil resistance is between 0.1 and 3 ohms in normal mode, and .06 to 2 ohms in temperature control mode – a nice range that demonstrates the length that the company went to in its effort to make this device appeal to the broadest possible demographic. Temperature control allows temp options between 200 and 600 ° F. Obviously, the specs indicate that the Alien was built for some serious vaping.
Overall Impressions of the Device
For those who care about aesthetics – and let’s be honest; that’s all of us – this is a gorgeous device. It’s compact, somewhat oblong, and curved in all the right places. The battery door is sensibly placed, on the bottom, and offers a hinged lock design that we often see coming from manufacturers of mods from China. It’s black finish and brightly colored accents give it a sporty look that most users should be only too happy to take out in public.
The OLED is simply outstanding. It offers big, easy-to-read information about voltage, ohms, amps, mode, and puff counts – as well as other details about temperature, and so on. Now, there have been some reviewers who have complained about what they see as a cluttered look to the screen, and I guess I can see how they might view it that way. For my part, I take the opposite view. Yes, there is a lot of information being presented on that screen. And yes, it is in some respects “cluttered” – if by cluttered, they mean that these details are all presented on one screen.
However, every reading has an accompanying label, so you really have no excuse not to know what you’re looking at. Plus, the screen is over-sized anyway, so there is no squinting to see small numbers and words. It’s all very legible and very useful. But to each his own, I suppose.
The firing button might be the only really questionable aspect of the design since you do have to press a bit harder than you will with some of Smok’s other products. Still, that can be a good thing, as it can help to ensure that you’re only firing the device when you intend to do so. For anyone who slips this thing into his or her pocket, that added resistance might come in handy.
The Heart of the Matter: Performance
What everybody really wants to know, however, is how well the device does what you want it to do. Does it provide the power you need to get the vapor that you’re seeking? Does the temperature control and resistance flexibility enable you to achieve those sub-ohm levels you want to generate those huge clouds of vapor? Will it all work well enough to power through your e-juice and produce rich flavor that keeps you coming back for more?
Yes, yes, and yes. There’s no denying that this is one of those clear examples of why so many vapers have rushed out to buy up the latest generation of high-power mods. With instant firing and a host of customized power and temp levels, there is much to comment about this product. It works with all the most common coil types, offers an easy-to-navigate menu for modifying settings, and is simple enough that you don’t have to be an advanced user to figure it all out.
Is it a real 200-watt mod? Probably not. Most of the mods we test these days seem to be at least slightly inflated in their power estimations. Does it matter? Not a bit. The fact is that this device is close enough to its claimed wattage to generate all the power we need for you vaping sessions. That’s sure to be true for you as well.
In short, this is a beautiful and high-performing device that provides every bit of power most users will need to vape to their heart’s content and is without doubt one of the best box mods on the market today. It’s made by Smok, so its reliability is almost guaranteed just based on the company’s track record alone. The verdict is in, and the Smok Alien starter kit is guilty as charged: it’s every bit as good as advertised.
Other Smok Kits
Smok is one of the leading manufacturers of electronic cigarettes and they have many models currently on the market:
- SMOK Stick X8 – SMOK have released their new version of a vape pen with some huge improvements like a 3000mAh battery, creating a smooth and all day vape that competes with the best on the market.
- SMOK Procolor 225W Mod – The Procolor is Smok’s upgrade to the Alien kit that was one of their best sellers. With an improved paint job and other subtle changes, this mod stands out as one of the best!
- Smok T-Priv – One of SMOK’s newer box mods and one of the best looking, that said not many feature changes so not suitable for an upgrade, but a great starter kit if you haven’t tried SMOK before!
- SMOK GX2/4 Mod – Combining all the great features of the SMOK Alien kit and the GX350, SMOK have released this 2 in 1 mod that holds 4 x 18650 batteries, but can be slimmed down to hold just 2 batteries! This mod gives you everything you would need in vaping!
- Smok G80 – If your interested in box mods, but don’t want to carry a huge brick around with you then the Smok G80 needs to be looked at. With an 80W built in battery and a 2ml tank this mod produces as good vapor as the big dogs!
- Smok Vape Pen Plus – For those lovers of vape pens, the new vape pen plus from Smok has been released. Small yet featuring a huge 3000mAh battery and 4ml tank this pen produces some great tasting vapor.
- Smok Skyhook – Nicknamed the Aliens cloud machine, this box mod is using all the tech from the Alien kit and specializing it for the TDA and RTA users. If you like the taste of your own coils and cotton, then this box mod needs to be in your inventory! Great tasting and great features.
- Smok G-Priv 220 – Featuring a touch screen control and a 5 speed heating system this is one of those box mods packed of features. Known in the industry as one of the top manufacturers Smok’s latest releases never disappoint and the G-Priv 220 is no exception!
- Smok AL85 – Nicknamed the baby Alien kit after the success and popularity of the original Alien mod. The AL85 features the similar specs but with one huge difference; it’s size! IF your after a smaller box mod that delivers both flavor and vapor then the AL85 might be for you!
- Smok GX 350 Quad – Featuring 4 x 18650 batteries, this thing is a beast of a mod! It’s relatively small too and also has the option to work of just 2 batteries. The kit comes with the TFV8 Tank which is well known and trusted as one of the best tanks on the market. All in all, a great kit!
- Smok G150 – The G150 Kit features a huge built-in 4200mAh battery and the TFV8 Big Baby tank. The vapor produced is great and the mod has all the latest features you would expect making it one to check out.
- Smok Stick AIO – If vape pens are your thing, then you need to check out the SMOK Stick AIO. This all in one pen makes vaping easy and best of all the flavors are as good as any box mod!
- Smok Stick V8 Kit – Utilizing the TFV8 Baby tanks and a huge 3000 mAh battery the Smok Stick V8 is one of the best vape pens on the market. Great vapor amounts and great taste, what more could you ask for?
- Smok TFV12 Beast Tank – One of the latest Smok tanks to hit the market is the TFV12, classed as the best for cloud production and taste if you like the pre made atomizer heads, and Smok have a huge selection of those to fit this tank!