Smok Alien Starter Kit Review and DealsDecember 12, 2016
Smok TFV8 Vs TFV4 Tank ReviewDecember 20, 2016
7.2 Final Score
Smok Stick V8 Review Bottom Line
On the back of a successful box mod from Smok, i.e. the Alien Kit, they have now released their version of a vape pen. The pen comes with the TFV8 Baby tank, hence the name V8, and an awesome 3000 mAh battery. Basically if you love the clouds and taste of the TFV8 tank, which most people do, then you will love this vape pen! We do!
Smok Stick V8 Kit In-depth Review
If you’re an intermediate vaper who’s enthralled with the pen-style vaping devices, then you know how frustrating it can be to find the right device to meet your needs. It sometimes seems like every other device you try is an epic fail. Well, if you’ve yet to try any of Smok’s offerings in this area, then you’ve been missing out on some of the best pen devices around. Not to worry, though; there’s a new product on the market now following the success of the Smok Alien Kit, and it’s yet another great Smok vaping pen. In this Smok Stick V8 Kit review, we’ll let you know whether it’s worthy of bearing the great Smok name.
Recently Smok have released a new version of this kit known as the SMOK Stick X8 which is a slight improvement to the V8 kit, nevertheless let’s take a look at this kit. This is a starter kit, so you almost know what you’re going to see before you open the package. After all, the whole reason for buying a kit is to get everything that you need to own to get started vaping right out of the box. Well, with the Smok Stick V8, you get a powerful 3000 mAh battery to provide all the power you need for those prolonged vaping sessions. You also get the infamous TFV8 big baby tank, and 2 V8 baby m3 core dual coils – one of which is pre-installed. There’s also the standard USB cord for charging, spare parts, a manual, and a vape band to help you keep track of the device.
Like many of the best vape pen devices of its kind, the Stick comes with a battery life indicator prominently displayed a short distance below the drip tip. The tank is clear, so that you can see your e-juice level, and the rest of the pen is a shapely, tube design. You can order your stick in several different color options, including matte black, metallic silver, and a 7-colored design that looks a bit like some tooty-fruity candy. The entire device can be easily disassembled, which makes it a breeze to clean. If you’re obsessive about cleaning your vaping devices – and I know I can’t be the only one – then you’ll really appreciate just how simple that is here.
There are two large air slots on the device – and both are adjustable. That can help you to get better control over how the device functions, and the amount of vapor that you’re able to squeeze out of it. You’ll be using those slots a lot, since the baby m2 coils are built to bring those clouds that you know you love. We’ll get into that as we examine how well this baby performs.
Okay, we’re all used to having to deal with mods and other more advanced tools to achieve those great sub-ohm results. We enjoy that, of course, but there are times when it would just be nice to get a similar experience with an even easier setup. Enter the Smok Stick V8, right in the nick of time. This is a sub-ohm device worthy of the name, and it’s made all the more attractive by its elegant and simple pen design. This is what every cartomizer and clearomizer vape pen aspires to be!
We really gave it the old once-over to examine every square inch of it and see what makes it tick. Our examination revealed that everything starts with that powerful battery. Face it; if you want to get those sub-ohm clouds, you need to have a battery that you can trust in a pinch. With 3000 mAh, this unit’s power source can get the job done – and you won’t be setting it down for a recharge every hour either.
That airflow control really gives you the flexibility you need to find that perfect spot for vapor production. Unlike some airflow holes that you can only exercise marginal control over, this device gives you the ability to fine-tune air intake to get just the right amount that you need. Do you know of any other vape pens that are that accommodating? We’ve yet to see one. The engineers also included an enlarged chimney diameter to ensure that all that extra air doesn’t get impeded. The result: uninterrupted air flow that you control, and vapor clouds of unspeakable beauty.
So, what did we find when we got over the elegant simplicity of the Stick V8 and got down to brass tacks with our actual performance tests? After three separate vaping sessions spaced out over about an eight-hour period, I have to say that the vapor and taste got better with each attempt. The clouds are not as large as you can get with some other Smok tanks and mods, of course, but I didn’t expect that to happen anyway. Then again, I also didn’t expect to see that much vapor produced, or have that much flavor released. To be honest, vape pens are generally rather banal offerings that are seldom worth writing home about. This was somehow different.
The Smok Stick V8 is far more powerful than its pen design would suggest, and its battery capacity provides everything that you need to maximize its coil effectiveness and airflow. If I were comparing this to other sub-ohm devices in the mod category, it would qualify as a somewhat average alternative in a pinch. When I compare it to every other vape pen I’ve tried, however, ituse to be the top e-cigarette, but check here to see if it still is. In my book, that makes this device one that is worthy of my recommendation.
Other Smok Kits
Smok is one of the leading manufacturers of electronic cigarettes and they have many models currently on the market:
- SMOK Stick X8 – SMOK have released their new version of a vape pen with some huge improvements like a 3000mAh battery, creating a smooth and all day vape that competes with the best on the market.
- SMOK Procolor 225W Mod – The Procolor is Smok’s upgrade to the Alien kit that was one of their best sellers. With an improved paint job and other subtle changes, this mod stands out as one of the best!
- Smok T-Priv – One of SMOK’s newer box mods and one of the best looking, that said not many feature changes so not suitable for an upgrade, but a great starter kit if you haven’t tried SMOK before!
- SMOK GX2/4 Mod – Combining all the great features of the SMOK Alien kit and the GX350, SMOK have released this 2 in 1 mod that holds 4 x 18650 batteries, but can be slimmed down to hold just 2 batteries! This mod gives you everything you would need in vaping!
- Smok G80 – If your interested in box mods, but don’t want to carry a huge brick around with you then the Smok G80 needs to be looked at. With an 80W built in battery and a 2ml tank this mod produces as good vapor as the big dogs!
- Smok Vape Pen Plus – For those lovers of vape pens, the new vape pen plus from Smok has been released. Small yet featuring a huge 3000mAh battery and 4ml tank this pen produces some great tasting vapor.
- Smok Stick AIO – If vape pens are your thing, then you need to check out the SMOK Stick AIO. This all in one pen makes vaping easy and best of all the flavors are as good as any box mod!
- Smok G-Priv 220 – Featuring a touch screen control and a 5 speed heating system this is one of those box mods packed of features. Known in the industry as one of the top manufacturers Smok’s latest releases never disappoint and the G-Priv 220 is no exception!
- Smok AL85 – Nicknamed the baby Alien kit after the success and popularity of the original Alien mod. The AL85 features the similar specs but with one huge difference; it’s size! IF your after a smaller box mod that delivers both flavor and vapor then the AL85 might be for you!
- Smok G150 – The G150 Kit features a huge built-in 4200mAh battery and the TFV8 Big Baby tank. The vapor produced is great and the mod has all the latest features you would expect making it one to check out.
- Smok GX 350 Quad – Featuring 4 x 18650 batteries, this thing is a beast of a mod! It’s relatively small too and also has the option to work of just 2 batteries. The kit comes with the TFV8 Tank which is well known and trusted as one of the best tanks on the market. All in all, a great kit!
- Smok Alien Kit – One of the best, if not the best box mod on the market right now! The Alien kit is small and yet so powerful, taking 2 x 18650 batteries your sure to have enough power for all levels of vaping. Also features the TFV8 Baby beast tank, which is recognized as the best tank on the market!
- Smok Skyhook – Nicknamed the Aliens cloud machine, this box mod is using all the tech from the Alien kit and specializing it for the TDA and RTA users. If you like the taste of your own coils and cotton, then this box mod needs to be in your inventory! Great tasting and great features.
- Smok TFV12 Beast Tank – One of the latest Smok tanks to hit the market is the TFV12, classed as the best for cloud production and taste if you like the pre made atomizer heads, and Smok have a huge selection of those to fit this tank!