Mad Hatter I Love Blue Raspberry Candy eJuice Review by MartinOctober 18, 2017
Why Is Vaping Considered as SmokingOctober 23, 2017
By: Nicholas King.
Smok Priv One Review Bottom Line
If small and cute is your thing, then the SMOK Priv One might be a mod kit that's on your list, after all, it does produce some lovely flavors and is generally a great mod. For us though, it just doesn't live up to expectations, yes, it's better than their competitors, but not enough so to drop everything and rush out to buy it! The smallish 920 mAh battery is enough for a few hours of continuous vape, but an all day vape, no, we don't think so. If your looking for a vape mod that you can carry in your pocket and not vape every other minute then the Priv One should be considered.
In-depth Smok Priv One Vape Mod Review
It seems like we’ve been reviewing a lot of SMOK products of late, as the company has been pushing out an array of new products recently like their popular SMOK Procolor 225W Mod. If there’s one thing that we’ve noticed over that time, it’s that many of these new offerings seem to be minor aesthetic upgrades over the company’s previous market entries. That’s not a bad thing, mind you – especially when you consider that SMOK is already one of the most cutting-edge vaping manufacturers in the industry today. Still, we’d be lying if we said that we weren’t a little disappointed in the company’s failure to introduce anything radically different in terms of functionality. In this Smok Priv One review, we’ll see if they break that recent trend with this new product.
First, let’s get one thing out of the way: this device is clearly designed to compete head-to-head with the SV Mi-One. It has a similar body shape, similar dimensions, and even similar capabilities. Again, that’s not a bad thing. However, it’s important to note so that no one assumes that SMOK pulled this basic design out of the ether. Most casual vapers wouldn’t be able to differentiate between the two without a lengthy period of examination.
The Priv One is one of those all-in-one and some argue one of the best vape mods that is great for new vapers and MTL fans alike. It comes with a deliciously simple rectangular design that is relatively short – though it’s slightly larger than the MI-One. The atomizer is built into the design, and the unit comes with a firing button that is much easier to use than the Mi-One. It’s amazing what a slightly-enlarged button can do when it comes to added convenience.
SMOK have recently also released the SMOK Majesty Box Mod kit that empowers the great features from their successful ALien kit which was released last year.
Vapor, Taste and Power
Another plus is the coils that SMOK uses for this device. The included SMOK Stick AIO Core coils are extremely well-made and carry a 0.6 Ohm rating. The device’s atomizer translates that into clouds of delicious vapor, thanks to the wonderfully-conceived top airflow control capabilities. At the lowest power settings, you can easily fill a room with the vapor from this device. Alternatively, you can opt for coils with a lower Ohm rating and focus on flavoring, it does take a little playing around to figure out which type of vape is right for you but these types of mods generally cater for all. With those low-rated coils, you can get this unit cranking at about 60 watts. That produces a vapor that retains the great taste of your favorite e-juice.
Keep in mind, that these details are all superior to the MI-One – demonstrating that SMOK was committed to beating out that rival in many of the areas that matter most to experienced vapers. And it would be nice to think that the company succeeded in rivaling the Mi-One in every area of concern – but that didn’t happen. There are several areas in which the Priv loses out to that competitor offering.
For example, take the battery. The MI-One offers an 1100 mAh battery to power its activities. Surely, SMOK had to at least consider besting that – right? Not a chance. Instead, the Priv One was designed to run on a 920 mAh battery that you can’t even swap out for an alternative. Why? Who knows. And then there’s the juice capacity. The Mi-One comes with a large 3.5 ml capacity. You would think that SMOK would at least match that. You’d be wrong again. The Priv One can hold only 2 ml of liquid.
Granted this type of mod is really designed for those smokers looking for the best vape and really a step up from the Cigalike devices like the Juul ecig, so it’s not going to produce huge amounts of vaper, but it’s small and convenient so perfect for carrying around with you.
Now, here’s the thing about that juice capacity. In our tests, the Priv One was a thirsty little device. With a larger e-juice reservoir, that wouldn’t be a problem. With a mere 2 ml capacity to its name, however, we quickly grew tired of the refilling process. In our view, that’s a real distraction from vaping enjoyment and something that SMOK should have realized before they released this product.
The question is this: does the Priv One’s better coil features and design improvements make up for the less powerful battery and reduced juice capacity? Our review team went back and forth on this issue and ultimately concluded that it does not. The Priv One is a decent device, but we cannot in good conscience recommend it over its rivals, given its inconsistent success in beating other devices. You may also want to check out our vape deals page as SMOK often have items for sale including this mod.
None of that is to suggest that the Priv One is in any way an inferior vaping device. It’s not and in fact, SMOK has been known to produce some of the best e-cigarette products like those we mention here. But the Priv One just isn’t so dramatically better than its competitors that it warrants a full-throated recommendation. So, if you need a mod and like the SMOK brand, give this a shot. If you’re looking for a large tank and major power, however, look elsewhere. It’s as simple as that.
Other Smok Kits Available
Smok is one of the leading manufacturers of electronic cigarettes and they have many models currently on the market:
- SMOK G Priv 2 – The upgrade is here and it’s improved in every sense! Better screen, smaller, more power and overall a better performer, what more could you ask for!
- SMOK Stick X8 – SMOK have released their new version of a vape pen with some huge improvements like a 3000mAh battery, creating a smooth and all day vape that competes with the best on the market.
- SMOK Procolor 225W Mod – The Procolor is Smok’s upgrade to the Alien kit that was one of their best sellers. With an improved paint job and other subtle changes, this mod stands out as one of the best!
- Smok T-Priv – One of SMOK’s newer box mods and one of the best looking, that said not many feature changes so not suitable for an upgrade, but a great starter kit if you haven’t tried SMOK before!
- SMOK GX2/4 Mod – Combining all the great features of the SMOK Alien kit and the GX350, SMOK have released this 2 in 1 mod that holds 4 x 18650 batteries, but can be slimmed down to hold just 2 batteries! This mod gives you everything you would need in vaping!
- Smok G80 – If your interested in box mods, but don’t want to carry a huge brick around with you then the Smok G80 needs to be looked at. With an 80W built in battery and a 2ml tank this mod produces as good vapor as the big dogs!
- Smok OSub Plus – An upgrade to the original 40W Osub the new Plus model boosts an 80W output! Designed really as a vape mod for carrying around with you through the day with reliability and easy to use controls. Check it out!
- Smok G150 – The G150 Kit features a huge built-in 4200mAh battery and the TFV8 Big Baby tank. The vapor produced is great and the mod has all the latest features you would expect making it one to check out.
- Smok Vape Pen Plus – For those lovers of vape pens, the new vape pen plus from Smok has been released. Small yet featuring a huge 3000mAh battery and 4ml tank this pen produces some great tasting vapor.
- Smok AL85 – Nicknamed the baby Alien kit after the success and popularity of the original Alien mod. The AL85 features the similar specs but with one huge difference; it’s size! IF your after a smaller box mod that delivers both flavor and vapor then the AL85 might be for you!
- Smok GX 350 Quad – Featuring 4 x 18650 batteries, this thing is a beast of a mod! It’s relatively small too and also has the option to work of just 2 batteries. The kit comes with the TFV8 Tank which is well known and trusted as one of the best tanks on the market. All in all, a great kit!
- Smok Stick AIO – If vape pens are your thing, then you need to check out the SMOK Stick AIO. This all in one pen makes vaping easy and best of all the flavors are as good as any box mod!
- Smok Stick V8 Kit – Utilizing the TFV8 Baby tanks and a huge 3000 mAh battery the Smok Stick V8 is one of the best vape pens on the market. Great vapor amounts and great taste, what more could you ask for?
- Smok Alien Kit – One of the best, if not the best box mod on the market right now! The Alien kit is small and yet so powerful, taking 2 x 18650 batteries your sure to have enough power for all levels of vaping. Also features the TFV8 Baby beast tank, which is recognized as the best tank on the market!
- Smok Skyhook – Nicknamed the Aliens cloud machine, this box mod is using all the tech from the Alien kit and specializing it for the TDA and RTA users. If you like the taste of your own coils and cotton, then this box mod needs to be in your inventory! Great tasting and great features.